Breast Augmentation Surgery Overview
Get the fuller, more symmetrical breasts you’ve always wanted with a Dallas breast augmentation, also known as breast implants. Breast augmentation is desired for many different reasons, including:
- To create a fuller and larger breast, sized to satisfy your liking.
- Restoring breast size after weight loss or pregnancy.
- Reconstructing breasts after mastectomy or injury.
Implants are categorized by filler material and FDA Approved:
Discover which implant best suits your needs with the help and expertise of your Personal Concierge. Once you have worked carefully with your Personal Concierge to select from our highly qualified network of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, we’ll schedule a day to have your consultation with the Physician that falls in line with your program and your schedule.
Dallas Breast Augmentation Basics
- Breast Augmentation surgery commonly includes the use of general anesthesia and is usually performed in an outpatient facility, lasting between 1 and 2 hours.
- Incision site options include inframammary (below the breast fold), periareolar (around the nipple), transaxillary (under the arm), and transumbilical (in the navel).
- Implants are placed inside a breast “pocket” created by the surgeon with an incision made behind each breast, creating a space within the tissues.
- Implants can be placed sub-glandular (between chest muscle and breast tissue) or sub-muscular (partially or wholly under the chest muscle).
- Implants are then positioned and adjusted in pocket for optimal appearance and symmetry before incision is closed.
- Breasts will be full and firm immediately following surgery, but should achieve their final shape within six weeks and with proper aftercare.
- Light activity is permitted after surgery, but heavy exercising should be avoided for three to six weeks.